New Website Coming Soon!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    imported_Stella
    Participant

Hello Forum gang,

After several months of planning and preparation, days of writing, editing and modifying content, appearance, colors, graphics and fonts, and let’s not forget weeks of planning, designing, building the structure, troubleshooting potential pitfalls, choosing the most appropriate doohickies & widgets……..

We will all be looking at a brand new website by early next week!

Here’s what to expect:
    Monday is moving day. Gabe and the folks at Long Trail Web will be transferring files, accounts, posts and threads to the new site. You will be able to see the existing site but you will not be able to post that day.

Once the new site is up, you will have to reset your password. Your user name will stay the same.

There may be some brief periods of interruption between now and then and there will likely be some things to tweak once we’re up and running on the new server, but we have a very capable, dedicated and hard working team so I’m confident that any problems will be dealt with quickly and professionally.

The new site will feature a few ad spaces in order to help offset the costs of design and maintenance. If you are interested in purchasing ad space please get in touch with me at my email below.

If you have any questions, suggestions or problems any time during this process please don’t hesitate to send me an email: dapnetinfo@gmail.com. You can also contact Andy Carson or Donn Hewes, Website Committee.

Lots of beautiful snow here in Northern Vermont – the most we’ve had all winter!

Sincerely,
    Rebekah Perry,
    DAPNet Administrator

Andy Carson

For those of you with profile or avatar photos, remember to save these and upload them on the new forum.

Just so you all know, you will be able to read posts during the ~24 hour transition period, but you will not bea ble to post. This allows all the data to be moved over without potentially losing posts made udirng the transition.

dominiquer60

Will permissions be reset so that those of us not able to use photos of any kind at the moment, be able to use them in the future?

Andy Carson

Some people can’t use photos now?

Everyone can have a photo on the new site. We can also post photos on the site itself, rather than referancing photos on other sites. Does this answer your question, Erika?

Kevin Cunningham
    Participant

I am looking forward to the new website. Many thanks to all of the hardworking people who have made this possible. Y’all rock!

Carl Russell

I am also looking forward to the refinements….

Thanks, Carl

Rebekah
    Keymaster

We did it!!!   Lots more changes coming in the the next few weeks, but welcome and enjoy!   Thanks to Gabe and the team at Long Trail Web, great job. If you are having trouble with the site please let us know – we will get you going.

Contact me at dapnetinfo@gmail.com or call: 802-763-0771

-Bekah

Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

Beka, How did you change your avatar?

Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

You can change your avatar by clicking on your name in the right column. You’ll be brought to your profile page where you can click edit in the left column. If you scroll all the way to the bottom of the page you’ll see a place to change your avatar.

I’ll move this question to the FAQ section.

Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

Hi Gabe,  I click on my name, then edit;  I was able to edit my profile, (not able to choose a new display name?) and I scroll down but don’t find any thing to change avatar?  Sorry, I am not very computer savy.  Thanks for all the work you are doing.  Donn

Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

Donn, These should all be fixed. If you still can’t change your display name you may want to make sure that First Name, Last Name and Nickname are all filled out correctly.

Carl Russell

Am I to understand that the “anonymous” members are folks who have not updated their login registration yet?

Carl

Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

Carl, where are you seeing “anonymous” members?

Carl Russell

http://draftanimalpower.com/forums/topic/calks-corks-and-caulks/

In fact in this case, I think I know who this is, but I was just surfing old posts (to see how the transition went) and have seen several of these profiles….

Carl

Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

Carl, thank you for the heads up. If you could send me an email or post here who you think may have posted those I can look into. The old website had about 30,000 spam accounts that were removed in the process of moving the site. It is very unlikely but it could be that in the process of removing those accounts some of the links between posts and users were broken. If this is the case then I’ll have to go through and fix them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.