Our Farm Lost a friend

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums The Front Porch In Memorium Our Farm Lost a friend

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ed Thayer
    Participant

Sydney, our boarded Draft Morgan mare was put down Monday evening from complications with Colic. This was the first time I ever witnessed this condition and hope I never have to again. Sydney was only 12 years old and very healthy.

Ozzie seems lost now he is by himself in the barn. He is always looking for her and spends much of his time pacing the paddock.

I will have to keep him busy with chores or something, I’m sure he will be fine. It will be nice to get some relief from this heat wave.

Ed

Jean
    Participant

Ed, sorry to hear about Sydney. It is hard to watch the others on the farm grieve for their mates.
    Thinking of you.
    Jean

near horse
    Participant

My sympathies as well, Ed. I lost my 30+ yr old quarter horse to a colic this past spring and although he’d lived a pretty good long life, it was still terribly hard to watch him go. My Belgians are so “bound at the hip” that I can’t imagine how one might handle the passing of the other. Again sorry for the loss.

Anonymous
    Inactive

So sorry to hear of your loss. Anyone who ever lost a working friend knows the empty feeling that follows you around.Lost half my dairy herd when Frankie died a month ago and we still miss her, she was quite the pet. If we remember the funny things and the good times it is a little easier to get through, but that little jersey cows name still brings a tear and sigh and yes life is hard but it goes on, but thankfully we go on with all of our friends, even the furry ones

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.