Passing the lines on…

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums The Front Porch Member Diaries Passing the lines on…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jen judkins
    Participant

Well, I really did it. Reno is on his way to New York to start his next adventure, as I write this. My heart is pretty heavy right now, but I’m pretty sure it is only a temporary effect and will wane as he settles into his new job and situation. Reno will be living and working at Wide Awake Bakery near Ithaca. No he won’t be baking any bread, but will be pulling firewood to fuel there bread oven this winter. Liz is a new teamster and Reno will be her first draft horse…a situation I felt he was perfectly suited for. She has Donn Hewes up the road a piece as mentor, so I think they will develop a great working relationship in no time. Liz has hopes of a teammate down the road and wants to make hay at some point. Its all good. Change is never easy, but we all survive it and this choice was made for Reno’s highest good. I expect some good karma to come of this…:p Happy Monday everybody!

dominiquer60

A Hard thing for you to do, but I can imagine Liz’s joy and Reno’s contentment at the same time. You did a great job bringing him along after his injuries, so I realize that it was a big step to let him go. Well done and happy skidding trails to all involved.

Ed Thayer
    Participant

Jen,

Glad to hear you found a great fit for Reno and the new teamster. Tough decision for sure but I am confident it will work out for everyone involved. You did a great job working with him and I will miss standing behingd the plow 🙂

Ed

mink
    Participant

jenn i never met you but i could tell from your posts that you loved that horse, and you posted some nice pics also. mink

Jim Ostergard
    Participant

Jen,
    I certainly know how you feel. When I moved Zeb to his forever home a year ago I knew it was the correct move but I sure pine for him even though I am really satisfied with my present guys. Seems it makes the past feel so much more real to have such wonderful loving feelings.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.