Pioneer Forecart Arch Conversion

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums The Front Porch Member Diaries Pioneer Forecart Arch Conversion

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ed Thayer
    Participant

This is my simple log arch conversion I made for the Pioneer Forecart. It works great and allows me to carry my saw, pevey, tools, gas and oil with me to the woods. It also provide good lift on the but end of the log to reduce drag for the horse.

efdgoon
    Participant

Very nice! I like it. looks like it works well too. Be safe.:)

Jim Ostergard
    Participant

Really nice Ed! How do you attach it to the cart? Some pictures on that part would be great. Nice that you can carry all your stuff in and out of the woods. Thanks for sharing this.

Ed Thayer
    Participant

Jim,

I welded two square tube receiver pockets on to the back of the fore cart then two male sq tube pcs on the arch. I simply drop it into the receiver and let gravity hold it in place. When I want to take it off, I lift it out of the pockets and put the seats back on. Works great. I think I would like to modify it just a bit and cut the height of the arch down so I can mount a set to the top rail.

Ed

mink
    Participant

being that high wouldnt the weight of the logs want to bend it back? i like your idea of lowering it so you can set on it.

Ed Thayer
    Participant

It does force the shafts up a little when really loaded, however by riding on the cart my weight is forward beyond the pivot point being the axle and it helps. My shaft loops have a belly band so they can’t get to far up on the horse if adjusted right. This tool works great for small and large logs alike. We pulled a 24′ x 8′ long pine log with no problem. Well I had no problem the horse grunted a little 😉

Ed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.