R.I.P. Chumley

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    near horse
    Participant

Saturday we had to put down our faithful dog Chumley and my heart is aching. He was a 12 yr old Pyranees cross who had osteosarcoma (bone cancer). He loyally carried out what he perceived to be his job, chief of homeland security, even when he had 3 good legs to work with. He regularly rode with me in the pickup and laid in front of the wheels so I couldn’t “forget” to bring him. I’ll never forget him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwGnCIdHQH0

Jean
    Participant

So sorry for you heart ache. Most of us on here know the true love of a dog, especially the ones that travel with us. You will feel him next to you in that truck for years. I still ask my dog Cooper to jump out when we stop.

Tim Harrigan
    Participant

Sorry for your loss of a good friend. I still say a few words to Abe when we pass by his place.

Michael Colby
    Participant

Sorry about this news, Geoff. It’s nice to know you gave him a great life.

mitchmaine
    Participant

hey geoff, dogs get to be like people, especially when they start riding shotgun. sorry for your loss bud

Andy Carson

So sorry to hear about your buddy, Geoff.

Carl Russell

My heart goes out to you Geoff…………….

Carl

Ed Thayer
    Participant

Thinking of you bud. Hard to see a good friend move along.

Ed

Anonymous
    Inactive

we are very sorry to hear of your loss

Dave

Big Horses
    Participant

So sorry to hear of your loss Geoff…been there, done that, and it’s no fun. A friend of mine once said that the only thing in the world wrong with a great dog is that they just never last long enough! RIP Chumley!
    John

Jim Ostergard
    Participant

Geoff, My thought are with you. I have all my adult life had a dog partner and it is such a deep lose when one passes. I often use the names of dogs past with my present bud before getting her name correct.
    Jim

Kevin Cunningham
    Participant

I like to think that heaven has a flock of sheep up in the clouds for the pyrs who pass, to guard. Pyrs are special dogs and are always missed. I’m sorry to hear about the loss of a good friend.

Scott G
    Participant

Its very hard to lose a good dog and your best Buddy. I’m with Jean, it seems as though they are still right beside us. You can’t replace him, but given time, another bundle of loyal & loveable fur will fill your life once again. Hang in there friend…

reb
    Participant

Geoff,
    I’m sorry for your loss.
    Richard

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.