Recommend Good Horse Logging DVD/Video Anyone?

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Community of Interest Books/Resouces Recommend Good Horse Logging DVD/Video Anyone?

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

Hey Gulo,

These HHFF DVD’s are not intended to be instructional as much as inspiration and demonstration.

I do have a sample contract that we often use. I have posted it here in the past, but seem to run our of available space on this site for attachments and am not sure if it is still here. You may contact me via personal email below and I will send you a copy of what we use, which of course can be altered to suit your particular situation.

I agree with the unsustainable nature of our travel in this modern world. It is also interesting for me to share the fact that in the beginning I was self taught for the most part, as there were no mentors available back in the early seventies when I became committed to draft horse use. That is not an entirely bad thing. It may lead to you developing your own techniques and a very clear understanding of signals through the classic trial and error method, if one is able to survive the error factor.

I think the most important factor is you wanting to know how to do this work and being determined to do it. It seems the key to gaining knowledge is wanting to know. Good Luck and carry on.

There are great horsemen in Europe that may help some way and some of them have DVD’s also. The Cech Republic has a fellow name Joesph that is awesome with his horses and runs a government breeding station and logs with his horses and trains horses full time as well as breeding horses with the several stallions he keeps. He won the log obstacle course at Perkestarke (sp.) last year, which is no easy feat. I am not sure of the contact for this fellow but you may be able to find it through the http://www.fetcu.com site.

Best Regards,

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.