Refining mission statement

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Scott G
    Participant

Ok, now it comes time to do the tweaking and wordsmithing I was referring to earlier.

“To promote positive impact forest management using draft animals and appropriate technology”

Your mission and you will accept it :cool:, Maintain the context of the statement and drop and/or change “appropriate technology”.

Everybody’s constructive input required….

Once we have this decided I’ll compile the whole package and we’ll put it out there for any further tweaking and ultimately, a final vote.

I really do want to hear from everybody.

john plowden
    Participant

1 – To promote positve impact forest management using draft animals and other fitting methods to encourage beneficial forest stewardship-
    2 – To encourage beneficial forest stewardship using draft animals and other suitable methods –
    ??? John

Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

To promote low impact, improvement, forest management – using modern draft animal powered techniques.

At some later point we can add a goal: To investigate, research and explore appropriate technologies to support animal powered techniques of improvement forestry.

It is in general one of the goals and objectives of HHFF. It is not a part of the mission statement.

I think this entire wording concern is more for our satisfaction than the public or general perception of our group, or certainly not the eventual success of the group.

Thanks woodsmen.

Carl Russell

“To promote the use of draft animal powered timber harvesting methods that support positive impact forest management”

Carl

lancek
    Participant

well heres my 2 cents worth
    TO PERMOUTE PROPER TECHNIQES OF DRAFT HORSE TECNOLOGY AND PROPER LOW INPACT FORESTRY MANAGEMENT! Lancek

Rick Alger
    Participant

To foster the use of draft animals for sustainable forestry practices.

I think “appropriate technology” would be better as an objective than as a part of the mission statement.

john plowden
    Participant

I’m getting closer to agreeing –
    John

simon lenihan
    Participant

To promote, enviromentaly, low impact, low carbon footprint forest management using draft animal power timber harvesting methods. I agree with rick that appropriate technology should be used as an objective.
    simon lenihan

Carl Russell

Scott, I appreciate you facilitating this process, but I also think it will be valuable to have your perspective added to the discussion.

Carl

Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

I really do want to hear from everybody.

Yep the drafted Chairman is included in “everybody”…..

but we have several others on the short list that haven’t weighed in either. I have sent a reminder to my nominees to this committee, hopefully more will participate.

Thanks for all of what everyone is doing.

Scott G
    Participant

Carl, all,

I usually like to put the questions out there for a bit and listen rather than talk. That said I can step in as a facilitator as well, but in order to do that job I need a lively discussion to facilitate.

I like Carl’s mission statement; it is focused and has good flow…

“To promote the use of draft animal powered timber harvesting methods that support positive impact forest management”

… has my vote. It is inclusive without being exclusive of acceptable methods that remain within the context of what we all believe in .

Carl Russell
    Biological Woodsman;12512 wrote:
    ……. I have sent a reminder to my nominees to this committee, hopefully more will participate…..

Jason, I remember you offering names, but I never got their “User Names”, because even though I can see behind the wall, if people don’t use their real names as “user names”, I don’t know who they are.

If you can tell me what they go by then I can put hem on the list, otherwise they can’t see these posts.

Carl

Jim Ostergard
    Participant

I think Carl’s statement sums it up for me: “To promote the use of draft animal powered timber harvesting methods that support positive impact forest management.” Its inclusive and we can later on define or add more as a goal?
    Jim

john plowden
    Participant

I’ll sign on with Carl’s statement –
    John

Scott G
    Participant

Let’s let it hang out there for awhile and see if we get any more input. If not, we’ll go with what we have.

Like I have said for past political elections; if you didn’t vote don’t be upset with the results.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.