Sterling College Hilling Taters and Plowing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Carl Russell

Rick Thomas, draft horse instructor at Sterling College sent this to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvfV7NiKeNE

Carl

lancek
    Participant

GO STERLING great place to learn!!!|!!!!!!!!!

Ed Thayer
    Participant

That is a sweet video. I would love to have that plow.

Stable-Man
    Participant

I thought about going to this school but would be in debt for a long time. Good for those that can afford it, though.

lancek
    Participant

back in the 70s it was 3500.00 per year or at least that is what my dad sold our lake lot for for me to go! but it looks likr they made a lot of inprovments since I left I wonder if they ever fixed the boiler so you had hot water when it got below zero!! lol

Stable-Man
    Participant

@lancek 19396 wrote:

back in the 70s it was 3500.00 per year or at least that is what my dad sold our lake lot for for me to go! but it looks likr they made a lot of inprovments since I left I wonder if they ever fixed the boiler so you had hot water when it got below zero!! lol

Now it’s over $16,000 a semester. I was just approved in state tuition for Chadron State and it’ll cost about five grand for two semesters if I don’t get additional scholarships.

lancek
    Participant

Thats tearable that is the problem with higher education just like most other things in this world they put greed above everything else!If your looking for an apprentiship come join us in mo we have plenty of work and beutiful setting here in the ozarks it actuly reminds me of Vermount!

Stable-Man
    Participant

@lancek 19420 wrote:

Thats tearable that is the problem with higher education just like most other things in this world they put greed above everything else!If your looking for an apprentiship come join us in mo we have plenty of work and beutiful setting here in the ozarks it actuly reminds me of Vermount!

I may take you up on that. Currently I’m trying to find a farm closer by as an alternate to continuing college.

lancek
    Participant

well if you dont find what you need there we have a unique situation here!
    there is over 9000 acres of blown down timber from a storm that hit here a year ago and most of the work is in areas that cant be worked by machines!
    I need good people that are willing to learn and or all ready trained in this line of work if you would like to talk further email me at jak10860@yahoo.com and leave phone no. I will call you back! Tim

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.