Twitching Pine with OZ and Tucker

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Draft Animal Power Working with Draft Animals Twitching Pine with OZ and Tucker

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ed Thayer
    Participant

Had a chance to clean up some salvage blow down pine with the boys last weekend. Going to use the wood for siding on my machine shed project. Also got to use my new Christmas present, a Go Pro camera 🙂

Ed

• This topic was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Ed Thayer.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Mark Cowdrey
    Participant

Looking good Ed.

Does’ Leap
    Participant

Nice work Ed. Love the dog.

George

Carl Russell

Hey Ed, you are doing great with those horses. You clearly have good communication with them, and they are comfortable following your guidance.

I am going to make a comment that in no way diminishes the achievement that I see in the way you work your horses. I am only making it out of concern for your safety, and for the opportunity to increase awareness in this community.

I would like to see you spend less time (read none) standing between logs that are attached to the log cart. I know that it can be cumbersome sometimes to get in a better position, and when horses are so calm it may not seem too risky, but it really is a very difficult position to get out of if something goes sideways.

Just for the record, this holds true in my mind, and from early training working with old time woodsmen, even when working with machinery. It also pertains to any live portion of an opening….. A knot being tied in a rope should not include fingers reaching through a loop, a chain being used to choke logs should be disconnected….etc.

Keep your body and all limbs out of the bight. Public service announcement of the day…..

Keep up the good work, Carl

WORMIXuwxwlh
    Participant

97% of people will not believe! It is interesting 100% do not trust? http://o.5g7.ru/
    Check and say that I was wrong!!! 🙂

Ed Thayer
    Participant

Carl,

I appreciate your comments, Interestingly enough, I found myself thinking exactly the same thing after watching this. You may have noticed I actually had to remind myself, by watching my body language, to move out from between the logs once before having the horses step up.

Complacency is a hard rut to get out of when everything is going right. We must continue to remind ourselves that we are working with awesome power and some form of hazard is always present. These comments and tips are helpful and reinforce our need for safety. The videos we all produce have value to others whether it be inspiration, learning, or identifying possible hazards and that is a reason for sharing them.

Ed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.