Member Map…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    TBigLug
    Participant

Over on another forum I am a member of (Off Road Truck related) we have a “Member Map”. It’s basically a map where everyone can set their own pin to show where they’re from. They have the option to set it as close to or far away as they feel comfortable with. Kinda neat cause it gives you an idea of where everyone is from. And it gives you the ability (say if you were gonna be doing some traveling) to find people to meet up with in the area.

If you need any information on setting something like that up I can put you in touch with my buddy Arnie who runs the other forum and I’m sure he could walk you throught he process and help out in any way he can.

Anybody interested in something like that?

Just a thought…

Carl Russell

Hey John, I have thought about it a few times. I’ve seen it on other forums. I think it’s a good idea. I’ll be glad to look into it.

Carl

Mark Cowdrey
    Participant

It would be helpful as a start for folks who were inclined to fill in the “location” portion of their profile so that displays on their posts.

Mark

Joshua Kingsley
    Participant

I think that if people who are willing to share thier knowledge they should be on a map so people can find possible mentors. just my .02 worth

TBigLug
    Participant

Carl- I put in an email to the guy that set ours up. If you want to bounce some ideas off him I’ll send him your email addy.

Carl Russell

Thanks, I’ll look into it. Carl

near horse
    Participant

I know this might sound “risky” but it might be nice to have a listing of folks who would be willing to “put up” fellow teamsters who might be travelling through. It can be challenging to find places to overnight if you’re travelling with horses in tow and, I know my rates are the lowest around – free.

Just a thought and it has nothing to do with me thinking about heading to Waverly this year 😀

jac
    Participant

Hey Geoff you can count me in on that idea.. though I dont expect many of you guys will be traveling with horses over here:D but you’re welcome to borrow mine if the homesickness got too much
    John

vthorselogger
    Participant

sounds like a good idea to me to.

Carl Russell

Sorry, web designer and I are really busy updating our field days site….so haven’t made much headway on this…it’s still on the radar though. Bare with me, Carl

Robert MoonShadow
    Participant

I think the map is a good idea…and so is Geoff’s idea…Jac – I’ve considered a trip through Ireland & Scotland (visiting old Pagan/Celtic sites), but don’t think they allow ex-cons in as tourists…:(

farmerkitty
    Participant

I think it is a good IDEA. Kind of like temporary summer pasture for people.

bivol
    Participant

a good idea!

but you’d need to cover the entire world, it could be good to have a close-up option… maybe it’s already in, but i don’t know much about member maps.

near horse
    Participant

Hey John – any chance your friend is still willing to give us some help with a “member map”? Thought I’d try and rekindle some interest.

jac
    Participant

Yea its a belter of an idea.. but as Bivol pointed out it would need to be a sort of global map/atlas…mabey along the lines of Google maps ??? John

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.