Member Map…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Ethan Tapper
    Participant

Here is a link to a google map that anyone should be able to edit. Just go to the link, click the edit button, click on the blue arrow thing at the top of the screen and put it where you are. Make sure to click “Save” when you’re done. If this works out well we could embed a map like this into the website.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=205614765580355733203.0004b1d89a1abbfa1eaad&msa=0&ll=38.341656,-90.703125&spn=48.758339,90.527344

dominiquer60

I don’t see an edit option or blue thing.

near horse
    Participant

Excellent!!! Thanks Ethan. Now we can discuss what info to have associated with member locations – accepts internship/apprentices, forestry, ……. Well – I hope my blue bubble got saved.

Ooops – said unable to save. Better check this out more. Maybe I plunked my marker in a pond or something : 0

All better. Operator error but now I’m somewhere!! : )

Andy Carson

Wow Geoff, I had no idea you lived so close to my Dad. He’s on Pleasant hill rd (near the intersection of Anderson rd) probably five miles from your “spot”.

PS. I don’t see a blue arrow either. Not sure how to add myself to this…

Scott G
    Participant

Done. Thanks, Ethan!

Simple Living
    Participant

Got mine to work and post. I also wanted to say that we are just about 2 miles from exit 39 on 80-90 / Ohio Turnpike. If anyone is traveling east/west and needs a place to stop just let us know. I dont have any extra rooms but we do have a camper and we could figure out animal housing as well. I think this is a great tool as I am a visual person and seeing on a map where people are helps put things in perspective.

Gordon

Doug
    Participant

I did not have an edit or blue thing either, I had to sign in and then they were there.

Doug

Ethan Tapper
    Participant

I set it up to be editable by anybody, so if you don’t see the edit button right away look around. It shouldn’t make any difference whether you sign into your gmail or not. And remember to save!!!

Andy Carson

Thanks Ethan, I got it now.

Russel
    Participant

Added myself

Its a shame google maps doesnt update our maps more often. This is a 2009 shot. No water in the dams…

near horse
    Participant

@Countymouse 30190 wrote:

Wow Geoff, I had no idea you lived so close to my Dad. He’s on Pleasant hill rd (near the intersection of Anderson rd) probably five miles from your “spot”.

PS. I don’t see a blue arrow either. Not sure how to add myself to this…

Hey Andy – we have some friends who live on Anderson Rd (Doug and Pat Mason) and drove there 2x a day from 2004-2008 to feed calves we had there. Did your dad buy some bare ground there 5-7 years ago? There was a 320 acre piece of farm ground that was divided into 80’s during that 04-08 period. Small world!

BTW – not that I’m encouraging snooping but you can use the satellite component of Google maps to look at the real geography of where our members live 😮

Andy Carson

He did buy some bare ground a few years ago, and he is running beef cattle on it now. I am not sure if that piece was was part of that 320 acres or not. I have heard there have been some new houses built around there lately (and it’s been many years since I’ve been there) but it is still probably the first house on the right after you pass Anderson road going west on Pleasant hill. It’s a log house set back probably 100 yards off the road with alot of outbuildings. I never lived at this place, and don’t really know the neighbors. I do know there are (or at least used to be) some greenhouses when you go up Anderson road. Is this the Mason place? Dad probably knows them esp since they have cattle too, ask them when you see them again if they know Bob. It is a small world, but also a sparsely populated state :).

jac
    Participant

The Scottish connection is here too haha .. thanks Ethan..
    John

Carl Russell

Geoff, can we get a new forum category with a link to the map??

Thanks, Carl

Jean
    Participant

so cool. I am on the map!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.